Monday, May 17, 2010

Motorized Bicycle (The Beginning)

After stumbling upon a post over at MAKE, I was instantly won over by the idea of converting a bike over into a moped. I browsed around on craigslist and managed to pick up this bad boy for $80.

I had originally planned on completely sanding it down and repainting it, but I'm feeling pretty fond of the dark green and white combo. It's my hope that I will be able to trick this thing out, and make it as much of a "G ride" as possible. So far I'm looking to replace the original seat with a banana seat of the same color and flip the handle bars to give it a cafe racer feel. As for some advanced mods, I'd like to add a head/tail light, as well as turn signals. It's gonna be legit (hopefully). Should be ordering the seat and engine in the next week or so. I'll be sure to post updates as they come!


No comments:

Post a Comment